Welcome to My Fundraising Page!
Welcome to CANINES CARE: a team for dogs and their owners and all those who wish to support the great work of WHS.
Several years ago my dog Roga and I attended therapy dog training classes at WHS. The training we received enabled us to become a therapy dog team and to visit hospice residents weekly where I see the very positive impact the therapy dog has on those in hospice care and their family members.
But dog training is only one of the many ways that WHS helps improve the quality of life for people and animals in Wisconsin.
Last year, for example, WHS:
- found homes for 13,326 homeless animals with new families.
- adopted 3,574 dogs and cats as "special needs" because of medical or behavioral issues
- arranged for 3,509 animals to be fostered by 659 families
- performed 19,948 surgeries.
- admitted 4,990 wild animals to its Wildlife Rehabilitation Center.
- reached 7,848 children with programs designed to teach compassion, respect and responsible care for animals.
- returned 1,915 lost companion animals to their owners.
- ran programs to end animal abuse ---a known precursor to child abuse.
- cared for at risk pets of victims of domestic violence.
- helped feed animals of families in need.
- operated the areas first high volume, high quality, low cost spay/neuter clinic.
WHS relies on community donations and receives no general government funding. You can help WHS continue its good work by (1) sponsoring the Canines Care team’s walk by clicking the Donate button, (2) registering to join the team to walk or run on June 22 by clicking on the Join David's Team button, or better yet, (3) doing both.
Thank you in advance for your generosity. I hope to see you on Saturday, June 22nd!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.