Welcome to My Fundraising Page!
Welcome to CANINES CARE: a team for dogs owners and all those who wish to support the great work of WHS.
Several years ago my dog Roga and I attended therapy dog training classes at WHS. The training we received enabled us to become a therapy dog team and to visit hospice residents weekly where I see the very positive impact these visits with Roga have on those in hospice care and their family members.
A variety of dog training programs is only one of the many ways that WHS helps improve the quality of life for people and animals in our community.
Last year, for example, WHS:
- found homes for nearly 10,000 homeless animals.
- performed 18,026 surgeries, which includes the surgeries performed at the area's first high volume, low cost spay/neuter clinic which WHS operates.
- admitted 4,848 wild animals to its Wildlife Rehabilitation Center.
- conducted education programs for 7,653 children designed to teach compassion, respect and responsible care for animals.
- reunited 1,048 companion animals with their families.
- ran programs to end animal abuse ---a known precursor to child abuse.
- cared for at risk pets of victims of domestic violence.
- helped feed animals of families in need.
In 2017, WHS was again awarded the highest rating (four stars) given by Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent charity evaluator!
WHS relies on community donations and receives no general government funding. You can help WHS continue its good work by (1) sponsoring the Canines Care team by clicking the Donate Button on this page, (2) registering to join the team to walk or run on June 23 by clicking on the Join Team Button or better yet, (3) doing both.
Thank you in advance for your generosity. I hope to see you on Saturday, June 23rd!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.