This class will teach you how to get the behaviors you want from your dog (not just tricks!). This class is a great introduction on how dogs learn and will expand your dog’s training foundation using reward based methods. You will learn how to capture, lure and shape a variety of behaviors. This is fun for the whole family and you will have the opportunity to show off your favorite trick at the end!
Learning tricks can be entertaining, but can also be functional, such as preparing for search and rescue or therapy work with your dog. This type of training reveals your dog’s natural abilities and is a great way to build confidence and creativity in your dog.
We will introduce a wide range of tricks, including, but not limited to the following:
- open & close doors, only when you want them to
- pick objects up with their mouth;
- carry a basket
- sit up/sit pretty
- jump through a hoop
- weave through your legs
- walk backwards
- play dead
- find objects
- leave objects once they find them
- and more.
- Dogs must be 6 months of age or older.
- Must have completed a group class of either Puppy or Adult Manners Class, or get instructor’s approval.
- Dogs must be able to sit, lie down and stay while you walk to the end of your leash.
- Handler and dog must be familiar with a clicker.
- Dogs must be friendly to other dogs and people. Shy and fearful dogs can benefit from this type of training, but dogs showing aggression will not be allowed in class. If you have an aggressive dog, please call us for a private consultation & training at 414-431-6173.
- Dogs will need to be vaccinated for Rabies, Distemper and Bordatella (Kennel Cough) by the first day of class for safety. Please bring your records or send a copy ahead of time to be allowed into class.
Class meets once a week for 50 minute sessions for 4 consecutive weeks and is $60. All ages and experience levels are welcome in this class, from 6 months old to geriatric dogs (yes, old dogs can learn new tricks!). Class size is limited, so advance registration is required.
******* CLASSES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE ********